Become the Sausageworks’ Professor and provide an engaging guest experience while maintaining operating standards that are above reproach.
1. While on the sales floor, become the Sausage Professor, the one person in the store with a blinding dedication to all things sausage.
2. Interact with guests and hosts fun and friendly manner to create an engaging environment for all guests.
3. Ensure all sausage works staff provides fun, friendly and engaging service.
4. Actively engage guests through freshly prepared SausageWorks samples and suggestive selling.
5. To personally demonstrate superior guest service at all times.
6. To perform activities outlined in Sausage Professor character performance description.
7. Achieve sales, shrink and profit goals for the SausageWorks.
8. Maintain desired level of inventory and supplies.
9. Operate the department according to strict merchandising and operational standards.
10. Ensure the quality of product for sale meets Lowes Foods standards.
11. Maintain sanitation and safety throughout the department according to Lowes Foods standards.
12. Provide guidance, orientation, training and feedback to ensure SausageWorks staff achieves satisfactory performance standards.
13. Perform product preparation, receiving, ordering, stocking and guest service as necessary to achieve standards.
14. Maintain department’s labor budget and scheduling standards.
15. Perform PA announcements.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
1. Friendly, energetic and outgoing personality.
2. Must be able to actively engage guests and be willing to have fun with our guests.
3. Willingness to perform in front of large crowd and draw attention to the SausageWorks department.
4. Ability to perform multiple tasks, simultaneously.
5. Ability to stay in character.
6. Ability to work well with others.
7. Ability to lift 25 lbs. consistently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
8. Ability to read and understand information and direction.
9. Knowledge of deli as well as SausageWorks operations.
10. Ability to supervise people including training and development.
11. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
12. Effective communication, guest service and selling skills.
13. Must be at least 18 years old.
14. Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time.
15. Ability to effectively communicate with, and take direction from supervision.
16. Ability to work well with computers.