To gain the skills, knowledge, and expertise to be considered a successful Bakery Department Manager. To supervise and ensure that Lowes Foods guest service, merchandising programs and departmental operation are maintained in the bakery department. Assume the duties of the Department Manager in their absence.
1. Ensure guests receive polite, friendly service from bakery department staff.
2. Achieve budgeted sales, shrink and profits for the bakery department.
3. Maintain desired level of inventory and supplies.
4. Operate the department according to merchandising and operational guidelines and programs.
5. Ensure the quality of product for sale meets Lowes Foods standards.
6. Maintain sanitation and safety throughout the department according to Lowes Foods standards.
7. Provide guidance, orientation, training and feedback to ensure bakery department hosts achieve satisfactory performance standards.
8. Perform product preparation, receiving, ordering, stocking and guest service as necessary to achieve standards.
9. Maintain department’s labor budget and scheduling standards.
10. Perform PA announcements.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
1. Friendly, outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work well with others.
3. Ability to lift 25 lbs. consistently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
4. Ability to read and understand information and direction.
5. Knowledge of bakery operations.
6. Ability to supervise people including training and development.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
8. Effective communication, guest service and selling skills.
9. Must be at least 18 years old.
10. Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time.
11. Ability to effectively communicate with the Store Manager and Merchandiser.
12. Ability to work well with computers.