To ensure effective and profitable operations of the meat department through sales maximization and host growth.
1. Ensures that guests receive polite, friendly service from the meat department as measured through mystery shops and management observation. (May include assisting on the front end).
2. Accountable for achieving budgeted financial results
3. Implements and maintains an in-store selling culture that ensures growth though; execution of company merchandising programs, planning and sales themes, ensuring in-stock conditions and variety through cutting lists and participates in weekly sales meetings. Responsible for ordering including pre-ordering preparation (inventory coolers, etc.). Measures and reacts to out of stocks.
4. Responsible for the scheduling of the department.
5. Ensures the department is run in compliance with company standards (as measured by ALI audits).
6. Ensures direct reports understand expectations for performance, holds them accountable to achieve productivity goals and meets with them to review performance and provide feedback (ongoing and annual performance appraisal).
7. Personally responsible for teaching and training departmental staff. Additionally, builds a talent planning bench for the department, including developing and executing development plans for all high-potential and promotable individuals.
8. Responsible for departmental sanitation and compliance with all safe food handling practices.
9. Maintains coolers and freezers to standard.
10. Responsible for executing weekly pricing audits, weekly pull lists, and flyer recaps and monthly ALI self-audits.
11. Takes complete ownership of entire meat department. This includes all fresh and frozen meat and seafood. Works closely with DSD Receiver and scan coordinator.
12. Creates an environment that is enthusiastic, guest focused, and embedded in a selling culture.
13. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local statutes, regulations and company policies.
14. Maintains a safe department for guests and hosts.
15. Performs PA announcement.
16. Performs other tasks assigned by store manager.
1. The skill and knowledge associated with a high school education and 3-4 years of progressive supermarket experience.
2. Must be 18 years old.
3. Ability to lift 50lbs, occasionally and 25lbs. constantly.
4. Ability to read and understand information and direction.
5. Knowledge of meat operations.
6. Ability to supervise people, including training and development.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements on the job.
8. Effective communication, guest service, and selling skills.
9. Ability to bend, kneel, stand, push/pull stock carts for extended periods of time.