To provide excellent guest service through general merchandise activities.
1. Order, stock, and maintain all General Merchandise categories throughout the store.
2. Plan, set, decorate, sign and maintain promotional aisle, endcaps and/or GM mass display areas. Reset seasonally or as needed.
3. Facilitate seasonal markdown process. Write recaps and preorders based upon previous sell through and experience.
4. Order, set, sign and maintain all GM Clip-Strips, J-Hooks, shippers, and Continuity programs.
5. Conduct GM store walk, straighten and dust sections, and replace signs and tags as needed.
6. Work buffer items and overstocks between deliveries.
7. Process credits for damaged and discontinued items prior to next delivery.
8. Manage service issues, sales opportunities, etc. with DSD vendors including Greeting Cards, Books, and Magazines.
9. Prepare for and facilitate GM inventory process. Develop action plan as necessary.
10. Update new/discontinued items weekly. Facilitate the completion of GM resets initiated by corporate at store level. Assist in securing vendor assistance when necessary.
11. Perform monthly/quarterly fixed activities including deep cleaning.
12. Participate in weekly/monthly store planning process. Read merchandising notes.
13. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Guest service oriented with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
2. Self-motivation, merchandising creativity and the ability to aggressively pursue sales.
3. Understanding of retail business skills helpful.
4. Flexible work schedule including weekends, holidays and occasional overnight work.
5. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. consistently.
6. Ability to bend, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.