To grow community through building guest loyalty and maximizing profits by providing personal guest interactions that build genuine relationships with guests and result in a brand-aligned experience.
1. Order and maintain appropriate inventory of Beer Den supplies.
2. Order and maintain appropriate inventory of draught beer.
3. Build and maintain professional relationships with distributor/wholesaler partners as well as direct sales associates from breweries.
4. Regularly schedule events such as tap takeovers. Conduct tastings as needed in the Beer Den as well as for in-store demos or promotions
5. Assist with inventory and adhere to proper inventory practices as outlined by Manager of Financial Perpetual Inventory.
6. Train all Beer Den Hosts and other Hosts throughout the store (as appropriate) on operating procedures of the Beer Den.
7. Perform routine maintenance on Beer Den equipment as needed (line cleaning, faucet cleaning, minor repairs, etc.).
8. Drive packaged beer sales as well as growler sales. This includes managing displays and working with distributors/wholesalers to ensure proper inventories both on the shelf and in the back room. Ensure proper pricing and product selection.
9. Complete a weekly communication piece (currently, “What’s Tappening” due every Wednesday at 5PM) for Beer Den guests.
10. Attend various education and branding events scheduled by Category Manager of Beer and Wine.
11. Educate guests on product attributes and information and provide guidance for specific needs/preferences
12. Ensure marketing and brand materials and tools are properly displayed, maintained and utilized including, signage, prices, flyers, etc.
13. Maintain the sanitation and appearance of the Beer Den. Wash and prepare growlers according to established practices.
14. Follow all state laws governing the sampling, sale and purchasing of beer.
15. Fill growlers upon request by the guest according to established filling, sealing and labeling standards.
16. Announce specials and sale information on the PA system.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
1. Working understanding of beer.
2. Is familiar with ALE laws governing sell, and purchasing of wine products.
3. Sales minded with effective communication, guest service and selling skills.
4. Friendly, outgoing personality.
5. Self-motivated, trustworthy and able to adhere to all guidelines.
6. Ability to work well with others.
7. Ability to read and understand information and direction.
8. Ability to effectively communicate with Store Manager, DSD Receiver and vendors.
9. Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time.
10. Ability to lift 30lbs. consistently and 60lbs. occasionally.
11. Must be at least 21 years old.